From Pursuit Athletic Performance (USA)
Coach Al Lyman, from Pursuit Athletic Performance, and I chat about the myths around blisters which don't serve athletes well at all.
"Some of the things we discuss in this podcast:
- What are the most pervasive myths surrounding blisters? There are plenty!
- What's the difference between rubbing and shearing and why does it matter?
- Are certain folks more prone to blisters?
- What about shoe fit and lacing options?
- Do lubricants like vaseline or powders work to reduce blister risk, or are you actually making things worse by using them? (Hint: I unfortunately discovered this during my last race, a 50 mile trail race in Florida a little over two weeks ago! Not good). :)
- And much more!"
This podcast originally appeared on Pursuit Athletic Performance blog.
Rebecca Rushton BSc (Pod)
Rebecca is an Australian podiatrist with over 20 years experience. She has spent a lifetime dealing with her own blister prone feet in her sporting and everyday life. Rebecca specialises in helping athletes and sports medicine professionals figure out how to manage foot blisters with ease. And for kicks, she enjoys providing blister care at multiday ultramarathon events.
Rebecca is the founder of Blister Prevention and author of both "The Blister Prone Athlete's Guide To Preventing Foot Blisters" and "The Advanced Guide to Blister Prevention".